SQUIRREL SKETCHING VIDEO WORKSHOP
Did you know that January 21st is SQUIRREL APPRECIATION DAY?
If you enjoy watching the squirrels in your neighborhood, you might enjoy watching the replay of my squirrel sketching workshop.
In this workshop, I’ll teach you about squirrels as well as the characteristics of other groups of rodents of the world such as beavers, porcupines, and many others.
You’ll learn interesting facts about tree squirrels, flying squirrels, ground squirrels, and other common rodents such as marmots, gophers, and Neotropical chinchillas, capybaras, and agoutis.
In the second half of our workshop, I will lead you in a step-by-step demonstration of sketching the Eurasian Red Squirrel; a charismatic and widespread tree squirrel of conifer forests of northern Europe and Siberia.
To follow along with this workshop, gather your favorite art supplies, then download the squirrel image that I use in the demonstration, then click the image below to get started.
NOTE: If you are short on time, you can skip to the end where I’ve added a 5-minute sped-up version of the squirrel drawing demonstration (skip to the 1:52:00 minute mark).
- Tree Squirrel Sketching Cheat Sheet
- Ground- Squirrel Sketching Cheat Sheet (Bonus)
- Viewfinder and Value Scale Template
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO
- Discount for my course (20%), Introduction to Sketching the World’s Mammals.
- Kelly Lambert (rat researcher) website.
- Apopo Hero Rat website.
- Video of Variegated Squirrel in Honduras.
- Habitats of the World interview with Iain Campbell.
- Video workshop on Mole Rats.
- Video workshop on Kangaroo Rats.
- Wikipedia page on the Eurasian Red Squirrel.
- Species of squirrels, chipmunks, and marmots (Oregon Department of Fish and Game).