Hi, I’m Christine, and my passion is helping people form a deeper connection with the natural world. Through my writing, art, films, workshops and nature sketching holidays, I aim to bring more joy into one’s life, more empathy into one’s heart, and a greater appreciation for the vital roles that nature plays in our own well being.
I’ve been developing fun and engaging activities for folks of all ages for more than 20 years in my work with such organizations as The Nature Conservancy, the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the National Park Service to name a few.
You’ll fit right in my tribe if you:
- Would rather spend a day out hiking or skinny dipping than go to a mall.
- Believe getting stung by a jellyfish is a small price to pay for diving a coral reef.
- Think insects and snakes aren’t creepy crawlies but wickedly fascinating.
- Believe children have the right to experience nature and adults have the responsibility to get them there.
- Would spent your lottery money on traveling instead of stuff.
- Wouldn’t think I’m a nut job if I told you I did surgery on a bumblebee, went swimming with sharks, kept a black widow as a pet and love collecting skulls!
Take a moment to watch this video to learn more about my mission
I invite you to hop on my Nature Notes newsletter mailing list.
“Christine is so genuine in her love of nature and desire to teach others about its beauty. She warmly welcomes people into her nature-loving community. You won’t regret joining Christine!”
-Ian Fawley, Interpretive Ranger, Silver Falls State Park, Oregon
Latest News & Events
March, 2017: Went to Mexico to lead my Birds and Blossoms Nature Sketching Retreat, which also supported the work of a local bird conservation organization, Macaws Forever.
December 16: Taught a sketching workshop in Nome Alaska for the University of Fairbanks Northwest Campus in Nome, followed by assisting with the Christmas Bird Count; Willow ptarmigans, McKay’s Buntings, and King Eiders oh my!
September 28-October 2: Taught a workshop at the Western Field Ornithologists annual conference called ‘Bird Sketching on the Fly’.
May 10th: Release of the Peterson Reference Guide to Woodpeckers of North America for which I created a variety of illustrations.
May 8-15: Attending the Biggest Week in American Birding, Ohio.
May 7: Taught workshops at the 38th Annual Silver Falls State Park Birding and Wildflower Festival, Oregon.
March 5 & 6: Taught workshops at the Vallarta Botanical Gardens, south of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
January: Led a group of eight artists for my Birds & Blossoms Nature Sketching Holiday at the stunningly serene and luxurious Lodge at Pico Bonito.
Read more NEWS here.