Check out my online programs in sketching and painting the natural world over on my Teachable site, Drawn to Nature.
Kid’s Environmental Education
I have over 20 years experience in environmental education, working in informal field settings with such organizations as the National Park Service and Forest Service, the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the Nature Conservancy in which I’ve developed interpretive displays, given campfire programs, led nature walks, trained docents and taught children’s activities. Learn more about my environmental education programs.
Public Speaking & Adult Workshops
I enjoy giving presentations for audiences of up to several hundred people for international, regional, and local meetings and annual conferences for such organizations as The National Audubon Society, California Native Plant Society, the Guild of Natural Science Illustrators, and BirdsCaribbean in Jamaica. If your organization would like to inquire about inviting me to speak at your event or to give a workshop, learn more about my experience and get media resources here.
“Christine Elder has a refreshingly welcoming approach to teaching about birds through art that reflects her obvious passion for wildlife and conservation of our natural environment. Whether at her home in Oregon or visiting us deep in the tropics at the Vallarta Botanical Garden, she has a marvelous potential to connect people with birds in a rich and meaningful way” – Neil Gerlowski, Executive Director, Vallarta Botanical Garden
Nature Sketching Holidays
If you love to travel and enjoy sketching, check out my Nature Sketching Holidays. They’re a fantastic way to escape the stress of the modern world and immerse yourself in the beauty of nature.
You’re in the right place if:
- You’d rather spend a day out hiking or skinny dipping than going to a mall.
- You believe getting stung by a jellyfish is a small price to pay for snorkeling above a coral reef.
- You think insects and snakes aren’t creepy crawlies but wickedly fascinating.
- You believe children have the right to experience nature and adults have the responsibility to get them there.
- You would spend your lottery money on traveling instead of stuff.
- You wouldn’t think I’m a nut job if I told you I’ve performed surgery on a bumblebee, gone swimming with sharks, kept a black widow as a pet, and love collecting animal skulls!