Resources to learn more about the ocean
June 8th has been designated as “World Oceans Day” by the United Nations. In celebration of World Oceans Day, I’ve written some natural history stories about sea creatures that you can find below.
I love snorkeling and SCUBA diving and have been lucky to swim in such celebrated locations as the Turks & Caicos Islands, Guanaja, Cozumel, Hawaii, the Mediterranean, the Celebes Sea, and the Monterey Bay.
I am deeply concerned about the rampant overfishing, pollution, and climate change that is affecting the planet’s oceans and hope that my environmental educational work can make a small difference.
WATCH MY SKETCHING WORKSHOPS!
LEARN MORE ABOUT SEA CREATURES
Click on the links below to learn more about each of the featured sea creatures!
Coral Reef Fishes Field Guide
Feel free to download, print out, and laminate my tropical fish family field guide for your next snorkeling/SCUBA trip to the tropics or for educational projects in the classroom.
Sea Lions I filmed in the Galapagos Islands
LEARN MORE ABOUT WORLD OCEANS DAY
- Official website of the United Nations World Ocean Day events
Sea Life Sketching Course
My Discover and Sketch Marine Life online course includes:
- 3 workshops on invertebrates (including seashells)
- 11 workshops on fishes (and sharks!)
- 2 workshops on reptiles (like sea turtles)
- 4 workshops on birds (like penguins and flamingos)
- 6 workshops on marine mammals (like whales, dolphins, sea lions, and manatees)
- Over 30 hours of instructional videos
- Helpful downloadable handouts
- BONUS COURSE: Foundational Drawing Skills (a $125 value)
- BONUS MINI-COURSE: Discover and Sketch Seashells ( a $25 value)